If you are just now putting your toe in the water toward content marketing, you have made a great decision. Here are some basics in content marketing to help you while marketing Greensboro or any another geographic area.
The importance of content marketing has been greatly under-estimated as many are now realizing that they are falling behind competitive pioneers in content marketing.
Here are Fourteen Fabulous Fundamentals
- You must have original content and it must be engaging
- Build Trust with your brand and identity
- Identify with your customers with transparency
- Research your competitors and their content
- If customers can’t find it, then it’s no good
- Use the News for your headlines and ideas
- Don’t get your content from the discount aisle
- Be deliberate and Develop Quality Content
- Create a Content Strategy inside your marketing plan
- Create content that asks questions and elicits feedback
- Promote other articles of content in your posts
- Reconfigure, Reuse, and Recycle your successful content
- Implement different points of view with your content
- Remember the whole idea of content is to turn people into buyers
The main purpose for developing content is to attract and/or retain customers with a development process of creating original content that is relevant and valuable for the customer. You are educating and informing customer and prospects and not trying to sell people as you develop this content. So why do you want it to be relevant and valuable for the customer? If not, it would be just another piece of junk.
People prefer to get their information in the form of articles as opposed to seeing advertisements. You can create a series of articles that gets the user locked in and coming back for more information with your company as the providing authority.
You should strive to have your content make people stop to read your information, think about your information, and as a result take different behavioral action. Content will be needed throughout all marketing platforms for any business and you will not have effective marketing without an effective content marketing strategy.
If you need help with your content marketing, we recommend utilizing the professional services of a marketing firm or an ad agency. You may also elect to hire a marketing consultant to help you develop and implement your content marketing strategy.
Princeton Marketing is a Greensboro NC marketing firm that will help achieve your business goals as we provide Marketing Management with Measurable Results. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Image Courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net