Most everybody knows they need a brand identity, but they don’t always know why they need one. In case you are unfamiliar with the term brand identity, it refers to a logo and consistent marketing materials for your company. For a more in-depth definition. Now for the 9 reasons why your small business should have a professional brand identity.
1. Like a Pro A professionally designed logo and printed materials can show potential customers that you are professional, committed, and a stable business. No one wants to work with a business that does not look professional.
2. Look Appealing Some people will make a decision on a company by how it looks. If they like the feeling they get from your logo, or other materials, they may be more inclined to do business with you.
3. Be Memorable People are very visually orientated. They are far more likely to remember what they see than what they hear or read. So having a logo and a consistent design of your business materials will make you more memorable to new clients.
4. Stand Out A well-designed logo and business materials can put you far above the competition, especially if they are paired with a strong marketing program.
5. Look Big Professional designed and printed materials can make your company look big, even if you are not. You do not want to your business materials to look like they were designed with a Microsoft Word template and printed on a home printer. Even if you are working out of your home, you don’t want to appear as if you do.
6. Personality Your brand is how people perceive your company. It is the face and personality that the public will know your company by. A good brand can seriously affect what people think of your business.
7. Who You Are Your business materials let people know who you are and what you do. A logo can especially help if your company name contains a little-known word or an acronym, giving visual clues to what it means.
8. A Step Above Business materials can help set you apart from the competition or highlight the differences between you and them.
9. Have to Have It In some cases, it will just be expected that you have a brand identity. If you are in a consumer retail or design oriented business, you will just have to have one.
While this is not a complete list of the reasons why a business needs a Brand Identity, hopefully it is enough to encourage those who do not already have one to create one.