Welcome to the PMG Blog
We encourage you to use or reprint our blog content as long as we are credited and a linkback is generated.
© 2013 Princeton Marketing Group, Ltd.
Category Archives: Creative Design
You must be able to cut through the clutter in the marketplace whether you are a Fortune 500 Corporation to market internationally or a one man shop for marketing Greensboro. A brand will create an identity for your business that provides a unique selling point or proposition. It is more than a logo and identity colors. The brand is what you share with the outside world as it relates to what you offer, how you will offer those services, and how you stand apart from the competition.
Here is a short list of printing terms that may help people new to the printing world. It’s not everything you could or should know but it a good place to start.
1. 4 Color Process (or CMYK) – Used by some presses and digital printers, it is the process of combining 4 colors, Cyan (blue), Magenta (red), Yellow and Black, to print the pice.
2. RGB – A color system, similar to 4 color process, that stands for Red, Green and Blue. These are the colors you see when looking at your computer monitor or television. Most files crated in RGB will need to be converted to CMYK before being printed.
Everybody agrees that every business needs a web site. But having a website doesn’t help if you are not getting new customers from it. Here are a few tips to help you get the most customer conversions from your website. Princeton Marketing is a marketing Greensboro -based web site design firm.
1. Update Your Website
There is nothing that will discourage a visitor to your site faster than an old website that appears out of date. You should have substantial updates to your site about every two years. Minor updates to the look of your site could extend that further.
1. Intro – For quite some time, video and Flash intros were the thing for websites. Now they are perceived as nonessential and bothersome. Someone may watch it the first time they come to your site, but after that it will just become annoying and a drain on bandwidth.
2. Make it Simple – Navigation and contact forms should be simple and easy to use. Anything that could become difficult a visitor will probably avoid. So if you want them to use it, make it easy.
1. PDF Bombs – PDFs are a great way to get literature and other large amounts of information to your audience. The danger lies in not properly identifying a PDF download. It can be very annoying for a guest on your website to believe they are clicking on a link only to get a pop-up asking if they want to download something.This annoyance can be easily avoided by adding “(PDF)” or this icon beside your download link. Easy for you and helpful for visitors.